Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet

Make. This. Right. Now.

So who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? Seriously, I still salivate when I pass by a Great American cookie store in the mall. And remember all the birthday parties you were invited to as a kid where you could literally eat slices of cookies all day and life was grand? Lol, to be a kid again.

So I love cookie skillets, but since starting keto, I have been trying to recreate one that had macros that were consistent with what I need to do keto. I should mention...so much of starting the ketogenic lifestyle is trial and error. I think I have finally found the sweet spot of how much carbs and proteins my body can handle, and how much fat it likes.  Everybody is different!  I have been doing the paleo lifestyle for 3 years now and added on keto to that a month ago. So far, I find my gut is a lot happier eating this way.

So back to the cookie skillet. My favorite paleo one is from Rachael's Good Eats blog.  I found that by changing up a few ingredients, I was able to get this to be a more gut friendly and low sugar sweet treat for me!!  My baking can be hit or miss...especially when I use coconut flour.  So I was pretty excited when this turned out yummy!

I used organic peanut butter as my base for this skillet because I am finding I am not sensitive to it anymore, and it is also one of the lower carb nuts.  Cashews and sunflower seeds can be higher in carbs, but walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, and macadamia nuts are lower.  So I would suggest using the latter as your base nut butter if you need to for your keto.  I did not use any sweetener in mine because I find the dark chocolate is sweet enough, but if you need to, you can add a little xylitol or stevia to satisfy your sweet tooth but to stay keto.

This is a great dessert to make for the whole family, and my toddler loves it!!

Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet

1/2 cup organic peanut butter (or your nut butter of choice)
1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp organic coconut flour
3 tbsp organic hemp seeds (optional)
2 organic eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 bar organic dark chocolate - 85% and above with no added sugar, chopped into small pieces
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
stevia or xylitol to taste (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs into large bowl. Then add in coconut oil. Whisk again.
3. Then add in coconut flour, hemp seeds, baking soda, and salt.  Stir.  Fold in chocolate chunks, setting some aside.
4. Lightly spray a medium sized cast iron skilled with coconut oil spray, and pour batter into base, spreading evenly.  Place the last chocolate chunks on top of the batter.  Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.

Enjoy!



Blessings, 
Lindsay 

Comments

Popular Posts