Brain Butter: My New Favorite Kind of Butter

I recently got introduced to Brain butter and I LOVE IT! Now I am so much smarter and wiser!!

Jk Jk. That would be super awesome though! This mama needs all the help she can get! haha.

But seriously guys.  I am super grateful I got myself Brain Butter from PearlButters to try. It has Royal Blue Algae and whole coconut flesh, and tastes AMAZING!  It gets its bright blue hue from C-phycocyanin, a neuroprotective protein that supports memory, creativity and overall brain health.  It tastes almost exactly like coconut butter and has zero sugar.  I love that it fits into a paleo, autoimmune protocol, and ketogenic lifestyle perfectly fine!

One of the other awesome things about this butter is that it contain medium chain triglycerides, otherwise known as MCTs.  They are a form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improving your brain's focus and memory to better weight management.  The right types of dietary fats like MCTs are so important for a healthy body! Unlike most fatty acids, MCTs go straight to the liver.  There, they can be used as an instant energy source or turned into ketones, which are substances produced when the liver breaks down large amounts of fat.  Ketones can cross from the blood to the brain, providing an alternative energy source of the brain instead of glucose.

What is so special about Brain Butter's phycocyanin ingredient? Basically, phycocyanin is the blue pigment found in the superfood spirulina, which comes from algae.  It is an antioxidant/polypeptide that scientists have found have the ability to trigger the production of stem cells. Say what?! Yes, you read the correctly: stem cells.  These cells literally have the ability to become any cells that your body needs and are are able to help heal you from really anything.  If your body is producing more of these stem cells, then you have the continuous ability of being rebuilt. How cool is that?!


How do we like to use our Brain Butter? I eat it by the spoonful or I add a spoonful into smoothies or in my homemade fat bombs. It melts and mixes well.

So can you see why I love this creamy blue treat? Brain Butter is an important food to incorporate in my diet to keep my body healthy since recovering from anorexia and Lyme. I am so grateful I found it, tried it, and I love it! PearlButter also has two other butters: Beauty Butter (collagen booster) and Bliss Butter (mood lifter) that I am excited to try to very soon!  Make sure to check them out!

Blessings,

Lindsay



Comments

  1. Wow. Not heard of this or this company but will certainly check them out!!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts