Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins

Pumpkin is my favorite.

I seriously could eat it every day.  I know I have shared several pumpkin recipes on this blog, and there are many I have made but haven't shared.  But they sure have tasted good in my belly!!

Pumpkin is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.  Paired with oats and chocolate chips, you can get some added lactation effects for breastfeeding and lactation.  A tablespoon of brewers yeast or flaxseed are other ingredients you could add to this recipe if you wanted to boost the lactation effects.

I never knew I would love breastfeeding as much as I do.  My son has blessed me so much in this area.  Right away he latched and was an eating champ. I always thought I would be a more scheduled, "baby wise" feeder, but this didn't really work out for me.  I found being too structured and regimented left little room for flexibility for my son, who is constantly growing and changing.

My way is not better than anybody's else's.  It just has worked out the best for us and has allowed for me to have a great supply my entire postpartum period.  My goal is to make it to at least a year of breastfeeding with no formula introduced.  I want to do baby led weaning when my son starts taking foods, and you better believe I plan on pumpkin being one of those first foods!  I appreciate that if I can't achieve this goal, I need to have grace with myself too.  Gods plan and ways are better than mine!

I know you will love this muffin recipe.  With fall in the air, and temperatures a little cooler than summer, these are a nice warm treat that is very filling and sweet.  It's a great snack or breakfast for before school or on the go.  Or if you just really love pumpkin.  An chocolate.  And pumpkin and chocolate together :o) I provided some substitutions as well that could help you make this recipe what you need it to be.  Hope you enjoy- more pumpkin recipes to come!

Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins (GF, DF, soy-free, paleo)

1 smashed banana
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 organic eggs
1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 1/4 cup tapioca flour or starch
1/2 cup almond meal
3/4 packed coconut sugar or brown sugar (may also substitute 1/2 cup honey)
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
dash french vanilla syrup
dash of himilayan sea salt
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix all wet ingredients first and then add dry ingredients and stir.  Add chocolate chips last.  Mix well and scoop into muffin tins in about one level ice cream scoop portions.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until top golden. Enjoy!  May also refrigerate and free.  Depending on how big your scoops are, you can make 12-18 muffins.




Blessings,

Lindsay


Comments

Popular Posts