Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe

Yup, it's as good as it sounds.

I made this concoction because of course I love everything pumpkin and was again looking for ideas for a sweet treat.  No surprise there!! I love my sugar so I find that having squashes, sweet potatoes and pumpkin often get me squared away in this arena with their natural sweetness.  Extra bonus?  They are good for you!!  Tons of fiber, Vitamin A, beta carotene, and antioxidants are very healing for the gut.

This past week hasn't been my favorite.  I've had a mini flare up with my autoimmune symptoms and realizing again the importance of my nutrition and the things I consume.  It's not easy having to avoid so many things, and I find you often have to do it blindly....because you trust that putting in the hard work over a period of time will yield results.  You also are reminded that this eating is part of a healing journey and one that takes persistence and determination.  I try to remember to see God's guidance, wisdom and grace as part of the process, because it is easy to get discouraged and upset with myself if I slip up.  What a reminder that we must rely on God when we cannot be strong and need strength in being disciplined!

 I love that this is recipe is paleo compliant and Whole 30 compliant (if you omit the chocolate chips and sugar).  I was able to figure out ways to make it AIP compliant too, which is where I am shifting my diet again.  This is an especially good diet for those with autoimmune disease and/or symptoms who are looking to heal their gut and decrease inflammation.  I believe that decreasing inflammation in my gut can allow all other avenues in my body to heal.  Not to mention, it will help me absorb vitamins, minerals and nutrients more efficiently, which is especially important for the health of my son too, since I am breastfeeding.

Another great component of this recipe is the inclusion of vital proteins, which has a great amino acid profile similar to bone broth.  It is great to sneak into recipes and smoothies to help get additional nutrition and protein.

I hope you like this recipe.  Both my husband and I give it two thumbs up!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe (paleo, DF, soy-free, GF, Whole 30, AIP)

1/2 cup almond meal or coconut flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
4 scoops (2 servings) vital proteins/collagen
2 tbsp almond butter or coconut butter
1 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (optional)
1tbsp organic honey (optional)
1 tbsp enjoy life chocolate chips (optional)
pinch cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
pinch himilayan sea salt

Put all ingredients in small mixing bowl and stir well.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes for more cookie dough consistency. Enjoy!



Blessings,

Lindsay 


Comments

Popular Posts