Paleo Cinnamon Grahams

Looking for a back to school snack?  I made be out of grade school, but I'm headed back to grad school in a little over a week and need easy-to-go nutritious snacks in my backpack!

It's very bittersweet.  I've always wanted to be a nurse practitioner.  When I started embracing the paleo lifestyle and holistic health, I directed this as well towards the focus of my career.  However, since having my son, I sometimes wonder if that truly is my God-given purpose.  Because being a mom is so fulfilling and so enriching.  It is everything I could ever hope and dream of it being.  And so with a heavy heart, I return back to school, knowing it's just 6 months, it's just a season, and then I'm done.  And God will direct and lead me the entire way.

Clinicals keeps me VERY busy.  It is no joke.  It's many hours in an office and in front of a computer. I am determined to stay focus on my nutrition goals.  Having maintained paleo for the past year and whole 30 postpartum, I totally see this as doable.  Do you have any hurdles standing in the way of your nutrition goals?

It can be easy to miss gluten when going paleo...losing grains in the diet too is a double whammy.  But it definitely can help you find better food options to help nourish the body.

In many ways my go to has been coconut.  Its a great base for so many recipes, and when unsweetened, is such a great low sugar ingredient.  It's a great binder and perfect for so many recipes.

This recipe reminds me of honey cinnamon graham cracker.  I imagine it would taste good in coffee too!  I created it out of desperation to fine something that was crunchy with a hint of sweet.  The cinnamon is a great addition, proving that blood sugar balancing help to go with the hint of honey in the recipe.  Simple, inexpensive ingredients, and definitely a crowd pleaser.  Give it a try!

Paleo Cinnamon Grahams (paleo, whole 30, GF, soy free, dairy free)

1 cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw organic almonds
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup organic honey
1 large organic egg
1 tsp melted organic coconut oil
dash of himalayan sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Place the coconut shreds and almonds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.  Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined (about a minute).  Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.  Spread and flatten onto pan, making mix 1/4 inch thick.  Score the dough into 2 inch squares.  Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.  Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to a week.



Blessings,

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts