Pizza Night! Three new super easy and super healthy pizza ideas!


 I was the worse Italian growing up.  Like my father should have disowned me.  I was on a diet since the age of 9 so I never ate any carbs, pasta, or any meat that might find its way into a pasta dish.  My anti-carb outrage continued really until I went to Germany in 2007.  That is where I discovered...bread.

The rest is history.  Ha! At least for the diet.  But I finally became interested in bread and whole grains. Suddenly semolina, whole wheat, millet, rye, and focaccia were a part of my vocab.  And then I met my husband.

Ray is a pizza connoisseur, and I mean that in the most brilliant way.  The kid eats pizza like its a main meal for every meal of the day.  I love him for it.  My first experience making and eating pizza really only started a couple years ago, when I found whole wheat pizza dough at my local Whole Foods.  Then I finally understood the craze...the addiction.  Pizza is delicious!!

In the past year, I ditched the whole wheat crust. I started becoming more health conscious about wheat and probably had watched one too many netflix food documentaries (and I agree with them!).  So I started using cauliflower as the new base for my pizza crust.  The hubby approved!  

Since becoming paleo and dairy free the end of June, I was determined to come up with some other alternative pizza crusts.  Fortunately, with company coming tonight, I had the reason to carve out some new recipes.  Each pizza turned out a success and was delicious!!  So awesome to know you are eating REAL WHOLE food...the stuff are bodies were made to eat. 

Watch out Papa Johns.


Here are the 3 crusts I used, and I will give you some ideas on how to do toppings:


Plantain Pizza (gluten, soy and dairy free):

Ingredients:
3 green plantains
2 organic eggs
pinch of salt


 Mash 3 green plantains. Mix with 2 eggs. Add a pinch of sea salt and baking powder.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until a crust forms that you desire.

On the left side of this pizza I added a sweet potato mash and on the right side is a cauliflower hummus.  Though you could use any hummus! I then added sauteed spinach with garlic and chicken. Delish!


Broccoli Pizza (gluten, soy, and dairy free version)

Ingredients: 
Organic frozen broccoli
Organic eggs
Organic Valley Mozarella Shredded Cheese (optional)
1 tbsp Garlic
Pinch of salt











Brown Rice Flour Pizza (gluten, dairy and soy free):

Ingredients:
2 cups Organic Brown Rice flour (I used Arrowhead Mills)
1 cup water
1/3 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
pinch of salt
italian seasoning
1 tbsp garlic
2 organic eggs






Mix flour, olive oil, water, eggs, garlic, seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Stir so becomes doughy and can roll in a ball. Place on pizza stone that has already been prepared with cornstarch. I added my favorite sauteed veggies right now: zucchini, carrot, onion, and mushroom (my hubby's favorite). Drizzle top of pizza with olive oil.  Bake at 375 degrees. for 20 minutes or until crust forms that you desire. 

Enjoy!












Comments

Popular Posts