Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen: Pointers for the Average Joe Schmo

I don't think I know anybody who isn't busy.  The word is just thrown out there nonchalantly...just an acceptable part of everyday life and society.  That's usually the word I hear from patients and friends when it comes to meal prep.  So busy, so little time to make healthy food choices.

I totally get it! Been there, done that. Not perfect AT ALL. But I do know that when I plan my meals and snacks ahead of time I get all the nutrition I am suppose to, and I feel great. #Winning

We have been eating only organic, grass-fed, and wild caught without really spending much more weekly on groceries.  Maybe $10 tops.  A big help and a great reference to know what you should buy organic and what you shouldn't is the Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen List.  I HIGHLY recommend adhering to it.  Not because you will get an incurable disease if you don't, but our bodies are already exposed to tons of chemicals, toxins, and free radicals, and when these accumulate they cause damage to the cells over time.  I truly believe, and based on the research I have done, that this is the biggest contributor to allergies, autoimmune diseases, and many other new and increasing diseases of our time.

                                



























Of course this is not all the vegetables and fruits on the planet!  For the fruits and veggies not listed here, I try to still shop local and only buy organic.  My husband and I started a vegetable garden in my backyard last year that we have been able to get some veggies from too.  Places like Costco, BJs and Sams, often have organic produce for cheaper prices.  You can also utilize and support local farmers markets, Whole Foods often has great sales on their organic.  Get to know your local farmers markets and look to see where your food comes from.  Feed your body, mind and soul.

Comments

Popular Posts