You Are Perfectly Imperfect

What is a struggle you have that most people don't Know? 
🤔
I am constantly trying to be authentic and intentional in all that I do, and I think that is something that can sometimes be lacking in our world...especially on social media. I think most people think that I have my life more put together than I really do, but the truth is that I have many faults too...

1) I have felt like a failure as a mostly work from home mom. Truth is I work my ass off so that all our family's dreams come true. I sometimes sense criticism and judgment from other people and use that to fuel my fire...to work and strive harder. I WILL NOT and cannot fail.
2) I have felt like a failure as a mom. When you are too weak to lift up your child when he asks to be lifted up...there is NO worse symptom than that in the world. When I was really sick last year, I missed out on my many cuddles and opportunities to love on my son. My love for him is so incredibly much...indescribable. I am constantly trying to make up for lost time as I am healing. 
3) I have felt like a failure as a friend. When I was sick, I just couldn't pour into my friendships and relationships...really at all. Anyone who knows me knows how much I care about my friends and what a loyal friend I am. I felt like such a failure for letting my friends down and not being there for them.
4) I have felt like a failure as a wife. My husband works so hard and goes to school and is so completely drained. He deserves the world for everything he has done for his family. I have not always loved him the way that he needs. 
5) I am very good at acting confident, but the truth is I am a work of progress in this area. I have had anorexia and was an over-compulsive exerciser in the past, and used to only find my self-worth in my weight, my size clothing, how many miles I ran, and which bones were visible when I stood naked in front of a mirror. It was really only this past summer that I accomplished even more healing in this area where now I can actually stand in front of the mirror, looking at my perfectly imperfect body and say, "I love you. You are beautiful." I do daily work in this area to maintain freedom and grow.
The truth is, I am grateful for these struggles, faults, and insecurities, because they also prove how much I have OVERCOME. I am grateful I screw up daily because if I didn't, I wouldn't look to to be a better person tomorrow. Perspective 
❤️
YOU ARE ENOUGH and I AM ENOUGH. You are WORHTH and DESERVING.
❤️
Embrace your struggles and failures because they shape you. We are all a work in progress. Don't be afraid to share your struggles and BE YOU. Lives are changed through our openness about our struggles, NOT through our perceived confidence and "perfect" posts. Stop comparing yourself to others because you are exactly where you are supposed to be. You are PERFECTLY IMPERFECT.


Comments

Popular Posts