Pumpkin-Banana-Coconut Cream Ice Cream

I have been doing the coconut milk ice cream drill for almost a year now.  Have you had it?  Seriously, it should not be allowed to be in the freezer section.  It is off the chain!  Only downside?  Besides coconut milk ice cream being on the pricey side, it often contains gums and carageenan that can promote inflammation in the gut.  Any way you can reduce exposure to these food traps is especially helpful if you are trying to heal your gut!

I love my Arroy-D coconut milk so I bought their coconut cream recently.  Once you open this bad boy, you only have 2 days to use it (recommendation on box) so you need to know what you plan on using it for and have some recipes ready!  I knew I wanted to make a homemade ice cream treat that was both AIP (autoimmune protocol) and paleo friendly for my family, since I have been doing AIP, and my husband is doing not sugar this much.

This ice cream recipe I made is super easy, heavenly-tasting, and nutritious!  What's great is you can make it with a blender, and skip the ice cream machine!  You could have it any time of the day and couple it with some yummy date syrup or dried nuts and enjoy life chocolate chips if you are able to have them.  Don't forget to follow it up with some warm coffee with all this cool weather right now!  Enjoy!

Pumpkin-Banana-Coconut Ice Cream (AIP, paleo, GF, DF, Soy-free, Nut-free, Egg Free)

1 1/3 cup coconut cream (I love Arroy-D brand off amazon!)
1 small banana
1/2 organic pumpkin puree
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1 tspn vanilla extract(optional)

Mix all ingredients in a blender and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.  Then serve (we had 2 servings worth) and enjoy!  Some ideas for toppings include the Date Lady's date syrup, enjoy life chocolate chips, nuts, or shredded coconut.


Blessings, 

Lindsay 

Comments

Popular Posts