Allergy Free Juice Pulp Muffins!

Confession.  New juicing addict here.  Yup, I may be on the bandwagon but at least its a good bandwagon, right?

I have had bouts of juicing before.  A coworker gave me an old juicer years ago, and while I loved juicing, it was an absolute NIGHTMARE to clean.  And I don't mind cleaning but really. You know when you have a baby, ain't nobody got time for that!!! :o) And anybody who juices knows it can be quite expensive to buy all that organic produce.

That's why I was super duper excited one of my dear friends let me borrow her super awesome, easy-to-clean Breville juicer recently.  I wanted to get back into cleansing and doing one meal of juicing daily.  We recently started getting some local organic produce delivered to help us along.  Honestly, I have loved getting back into it.  It's like getting an energy shot filled with all my daily servings and more of fruits and vegetables.

But what to do with all that leftover juice pulp?  Sometimes, we give it to our chickens, and in the past, years ago, I had made pulp muffins.  However, this was before I had started addressing a lot of my gut sensitivities, so I was interested this time around in making pulp muffins that were not only nutritious and delicious, but also AIP (autoimmune protocol) and paleo compliant.

These muffins I created are exactly that: gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free, legume free, nightshade free....but not free of good flavor and nutrients!! Give it a try!  They are family-approved :o)

Allergy Free Juice Pulp Muffins (AIP, paleo, GF, DF, soy-free, egg free, nut free)

4 cups juice pulp
1 cup coconut milk (I like arroy-D brand)
1/2 cup tigernut flour (sweet and nutty flavored!)
1/2 cup tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch will do)
1/2 cup organic cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
2 tspn baking powder or baking soda
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
dash of himilayan sea salt
1/3 cup organic raw honey (or you can use organic date syrup)
5 drops Young Living lemon oil (optional if you did not include lemons in original juicing/pulp)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine juice pulp with tiger nut flour, tapioca starch, and coconut milk and stir well.  Add melted coconut oil (heat over stove top preferably) and applesauce and stir.  Then add baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt, and honey/date syrup and stir well.   Scoop into greased muffin pan; will make 12 to 18 muffins depending on your pulp consistency and how big you want your muffins.  Bake for 35 minutes and enjoy!






Blessings,

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts