Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup

I'm still on the soup train.

Soup and stew has become a weekly menu item at my house for multiple reasons: 1) it's easy to make, 2) it's hearty and healthy, and 3) it lasts for many meals!

Who doesn't like using a crockpot?  I used to associate "crockpot meals" as being unhealthy and artery clogging, but as I started to explore and use the crockpot more, I realized you can make so many healthy and nutritious recipes with the crockpot!  Besides making soups, you can cook meats and roasts, make breads, and so many other items!  Being a mama, the other great thing I love about using the crockpot is that I can dump all the ingredients in, turn it on, and walk away.  Simple, simple, simple.  Dream word in my life right now.

I have been making a lot of creamy soups lately but wanted to get on board with a hearty vegetable soup with some organic ground beef.  I find that making soups like this are just as filling as creamy soups and are such a simple way to load up on veggies!  With cooler weather around the corner, these warm meals are great to enjoy in preparation for fall, and my favorite for rainy days.

Another great thing about making vegetable soups is that you can really make it however you want.  I pretty much find whatever veggies are in my fridge and add them in!  This is also a great way to make use of vegetables that seemingly might be "bad" and not fresh enough for salads or by themselves.  You can easily salvage these veggies (super awesome way to save money when eating organic too!) and use for stews and soups.

Hope you enjoy this recipe...we love it!  Enjoy!

Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup (GF, DF, soy free, paleo, AIP, GAPS, Whole 30, Body Ecology)

7 to 8 cups chicken or beef stock/broth (depending on how hearty you want your soup!)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 medium beet, skin removed and chopped in 1 inch cubes
1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 1 inch cubes
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 small cauliflower or 1/2 large cauliflower head, small florets
1/2 cup organic peas
1/2 cup organic corn kernels
1 pound organic grassed beef (may use pound of other cut of beef or game)
seasonings to taste and based on your diet needs (optional)

Take out crockpot and turn on high. Pre-cook the beef in crockpot by placing in and spreading over bottom of pot and cooking for 2 hours, making sure it is well broken up.  Then add broth and all the veggies. Cook for 6 to 7 hours on low and then serve!  May keep in refrigerator for a week or free for future use.



Blessings, 

Lindsay


Comments

Popular Posts