Avocado Sandwich Bread

Avocado is one of the most versatile ingredients out there...no joke.  This fruit (technically) has got to be one of my favorite ingredients in smoothies, baked goods, and to add to dishes due to its creamy taste and good-for-you fats.

Avocado bread?! Yes, it's possible.  And I've got a great new recipe for you :o)

We haven't bought sandwich bread since I don't know when in this house.  Not because they don't make gluten-free sandwich bread but because to be a gluten-free sandwich bread at the store, there are usually added ingredients to create shelf life.  If you are purchasing fresh bread from a gluten free bakery, its price is usually out the wazoo! And no one, me included, wants to spend up to $10 on sandwich bread!

So occasionally I make my own when I have the time, ingredients, and when I'm in a baking mood!  I wanted to try to make a loaf with avocado because we have a couple fresh ones from my mom's avocado tree, they were already getting pretty ripe so I wanted to put them to good use.  Unfortunately, my sweet baby boy has a sensitivity to the avocado I eat through my breastmilk, so I have had to avoid it since I discovered this about two months ago.  But I still love using the ingredient in recipes for my husband, and I will eventually be able to have it again too!

You probably already know that avocado is good for you.  They are a naturally nutrient-dense food containing nearly 20 vitamins and minerals.  In addition, they are healthy for the heart, great for vision, help with osteoporosis prevention, are a cancer fighter via their high amount of folate, improve digestion, and can aid in detoxification of the body.  Avocados are higher in fat, but its fat in the form of omega 3s, helping keep your brain strong and your appetite satiated.

You will love this advocate bread recipe.  It's easy to make, sugar-free, and steps in as a great sandwich bread recipe substitute.  Give it a try and enjoy!

Avocado Sandwich Bread (GF, DF, soy-free, sugar-free, whole 30, paleo)

6 organic eggs (medium is fine)
1 cup avocado puree (will take 2 large avocados
1/2 cup flaxseed
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot powder
1 tspn baking powder
dash of himilayan sea salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine eggs and avocado puree until well mixed in medium bowl.  In another medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Then add dry ingredients, using mixer to thoroughly combine into egg and avocado puree.  Place batter into well greased loaf pan.  Bake at 40 to 45 minutes until edges start to become golden brown.



Blessings,

Lindsay


Comments

Popular Posts