2014 Recap- The highs and lows

It's been a while since I've written.  Life is busy!  Besides being consumed with school and the holidays, my heart has also been heavy at times.

The holidays tend to bring out a bunch of emotion- both good and bad- as you remember those close to you, those you miss, and those you are thankful for.  But this is a good thing! I believe God really reveals himself even more so in this time.

The truth is, this has been hardest year of my life.  For reasons only a few people know about really.  For the first time in my life, I had regrets.  Regrets for decisions I have made in the past year, and regrets I have made in past years.  I've never been one to have regrets because I do believe life has many lessons to teach- whether fair or not.  So I am working through this.

Pregnancy has been the biggest blessing through this...the unexpected miracle.  The healing of my body.  The surge of emotions and love towards this new being.  It has brought me and my husband closer than I could have ever imagined.  And it has completely unraveled me and whittled me raw as I encounter this new chapter of my life filled with the unexpected and unplanned.  The life beyond my life.  A love so deep that I could have never imagined for someone I haven't even met.

That is my heart.  And for which I now take each day a little less lightly and with a little more intent.  There is a deeper sense of purpose, whether I totally comprehend that purpose or not.

So this is not another recipe or health note. (but I plan on posting one later today!) Rather, I just needed to unwind and vent I guess.  Or maybe just be a little more raw.  Either way, I needed to just be honest with my readers because I believe honestly brings healing as well.

Some people will support your health journey, others will not.  Many will not understand. This is okay.  It is a reminder that God, our ultimate healer, really is the only one who will always be by our side, always understand, and will always be faithful. "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever..." Psalm 138:8

I pray that gives you peace as you reflect upon the past year and prepare for the new year ahead. Blessings and thanks for reading!

My 2014 Photo Recap <3

My first baby, Olly. Never thought I could love a nonhuman this much!


My amazing, God-honoring and God-fearing husband.


I found out I was pregnant on Labor Day!


Our Baby Announcement


Expecting April 27, 2015!


Love my sonogram pics


Getting use to having a baby bump ;o)


Sharing pregnancy with friends is the best!


Our gender reveal- it's a boy!


Bump is getting bigger!


Olly is getting so big!! He loves baby too.


Ray feeling the super active Jace Alexander Tuttle. He now likes
to kick my bladder and his favorite time of the day is evenings :o)

<3 Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts