Creamy Broccoli Dip

Do you find keeping to your diet challenging during the holidays?  Doing paleo, AIP, GAPS or whatever your body requires can be tough- especially when it comes to family meals.  I know for me, I don't have as much of a challenge with this since we don't have as much family down here- most of my challenge comes with getting bored and wanting to come up with new recipes.  I get tired of having the same things- even for the holidays!

This can be especially true if you have food sensitivities.  Your menu might be pretty limited.  When I started doing AIP and modifying my Paleo based on what I have seen work best for my gut, I really missed good dips.  For years, I had put mustard on everything.  Even organic paleo dressings from the store had carageenan, xanthum gum, or other thickeners and fillers that I couldn't have.  Don't even talk to me about spinach artichoke dip (salivating....!)!  So I had been using guacamole and avocado almost daily for a dip for my meats, sweet potato fries...you name it!  Avocado is a great fat but not everybody can tolerate it.  In addition, I was getting BORED.

Rather than finding safety and sanctuary with my beloved mustard,  I decided to make another dip to rotate out with guacamole when I get bored.  What was important to me this time was to come up with something that was uber simple to make and with only a couple ingredients.

So I created a creamy broccoli dip that is not only AIP safe but easily gets you additional servings of veggies.  All you need is a blender or food processor and a handful of item.  It can be served warm or cold, and is quite filling and tasty as a dip.  In addition, you get ample fiber, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C from this super vegetable.  Give it a try, and season it to your liking!

Creamy Broccoli Dip (AIP, paleo, GAPS, SCD, GF, DF, soy-free, nut-free)

1 head broccoli, cooked
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (can use more or less depending on how thick you like your dip)
2 tspn fresh garlic or garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp himilayan sea salt
1 tsp cilantro (optional)
1 tsp basil (optional)
1 tsp tumeric (optional)

Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree.  Serve warm or cold.  Enjoy!



Blessings,

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts