Salmon Dip Recipe- Healthy & Paleo!

We recently had gotten salmon dip from  Costco 2 weeks ago that tasted INCREDIBLE.  I haven't been as into fish while pregnant, so to like something with some fish in it was a nice surprise.  And I really wasn't disappointed with the Costco brand- the dip is made with sustainably caught wild salmon, has no artificial flavors or preservatives, is high in omega 3s and is trans fat free.  Props to Costco for carrying a great product!

I decided to recreate this dip at home, as it is something both my husband and I love.  Really, people think it takes so much longer to make healthy recipes, but it doesn't.  In less than 20 minutes I made the same dish and can know what exactly I'm putting into my body.  

Like I said, the ingredients in Costco's brand are not bad in my opinion.  Here they are listed:

Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk And Cream, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan, Carob Bean and/or Guar Gums)), Smoked Wild Salmon (Salmon, Salt, Brown Sugar, Natural Wood Smoke), Kefir Cheese (Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Whole Milk, Cream, Condensed Skim Milk, Pectin and Salt, Cultures), Red Onion, Celery, Capers (Capers, Vinegar, Salt, Water), Whole Eggs, Contains less than 2%: Sugar, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice, Citric Acid, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Dill, Cultured Sugar. CONTAINS: EGG, FISH, MILK

I think the only bummer is not knowing the source of the cheese and kefir, as this is not labeled an organic product.  And for the eater with a sensitive stomach, milk, egg, stabilizers, whether alone or together, might be a bad combo for the belly!

To make my dip paleo, I utilized coconut milk and one of my favorite new products Just Mayo.  I was introduced to Just Mayo at a Whole Foods demo in Naples just a month ago and was pleased to find that they sell this not only at Whole Foods, but also at our local SuperTarget.  As someone who has multiple times in the past couple months attempted to make my own mayo, I was glad to find a store-brand substitute that is affordable and healthy for the gut! Non-gmo and organic, this mayo is also gluten free, soy free, and egg free. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that you can't taste a difference ;o) Win Win!  To find out more about Just Mayo visit http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-mayo

Aroy-D has been my go-to for coconut milk lately, as even though it is not labeled organic, it is a very reputable brand and comes in a carton rather than plastic or a can.  It's 100% preservative free and free of carageenan, gums, and stabilizers, which can be problematic for many people.  The link to buy this product is: http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Coconut-Milk-packages-6-pack/dp/B002I6DZ92/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1426449038&sr=1-1&keywords=aroy-d+coconut+milk

So let's get to the recipe!! Keep in mind, you can add more mayo to this if you like yours even creamier.  And I season everything to taste!  I'm obsessed with dill and garlic, so thats included in my dip.

Salmon Dip Recipe

1 pound cooked salmon
1 cup paleo mayo (I used Just Mayo!)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
Cream from one can of coconut milk (I used Aroy-D!)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp himilayan sea salt
 1 tbsp dill
1 tbsp garlic powder

Blend together in food processor/blender and BOOM. Done. And delicious. Make sure to refrigerate!





Goes great with the quinoa burgers! Check out the recipe at http://thefoodcure.blogspot.com/2015/03/gluten-free-kale-quinoa-burgers.html

Blessings,

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts